Select Page


Thank y'all so very much for the kind get well wishes. I am actually feeling a little better today. My fever broke last night. Still coughing... All this lazing around is so boring. I was so bored yesterday, I almost turned on the television in the middle of the day. But I didn't.

DT let me slack-off for a few days, but he has been busier than a busy bee who is really busy. He carried most everything out of the RV, washed/changed all the bedding, emptied/refilled our hot tub, took my car in for servicing, went through his massive stack of mail, ran errands and grocery shopped for me and even sent our taxes off (we filed an extension) to our accountant. Pretty impressive.

Dave was anxious to get the RV out of the driveway, so this morning he convinced me to follow him to the storage garage where we allow the Magna Peregrinus to have a much-deserved rest. She has served us well for five months straight!

It's a bit of a chore to glide the Beast into the storage garage. She is so long, DT must remove the hitch for the tow car. (We either need a longer garage or a shorter bus... and we are not getting a shorter bus.) DT backs the RV a bit into the garage and then removes the hitch to the side of the garage. With this method, he only has to carry the heavy hitch a few feet.

Then he backs the Magna Peregrinus into the garage and I stand in front of him and tell him where to go and what to do.

DT claims I am very good at telling him where to go and what to do.

Proper pointing/hand motioning is very important in this operation. There isn't a lot of wiggle room.

I wasn't exaggerating! Literally inches to spare against the back wall.

Possibly the reason I am feeling better is the sun showed herself this afternoon! It was a marvelous sight. The birds were singing and I was reminded why I love our little cottage in the woods when it isn't pouring rain and all grey and dark and yucky.

I made a little video, so you could hear the birds - and the creek - too:

I am going back to my recliner now, accompanied by my box of Kleenex, a bottle of cough syrup and a blankie...

... and stare at my Mother's Day bouquet.

Until my next update, I remain, your sunny correspondent.