Select Page

28 June: Sunday

Indio, California: We really didn't do a lot today. The weather was not good - very hot and very dusty, with a two-day wind storm on the way. I went to bed at 10p and slept for 9 hours. I must have been tired.

Several hours today were spent shopping (on-line) for sofas with Lisa. We have very different tastes, but both love classic styles, so will certainly be able to find furniture for our new house.

Imagine how pretty this was with olive oil drizzled over the top.

Our dinner tonight was super-simple, with just a few minutes to put a tomato, onion, and olive salad together... (no lettuce and no screaming salad bowl) and about ten minutes to sear the halibut for Mark Bittman's Seared Halibut With Anchovies, Capers And Garlic. This dish may have been better with a little spaghetti or fettuccine, but since we had pasta last night, I served it straight-up, with a tomato salad. Plenty of food.

Every piece of fish I have prepared from our Wild Alaskan seafood delivery has been wonderful. As soon as the local temperatures dip below 110°, I will order fish again.

Not much going on today. Getting ready for a huge wind storm tomorrow. Hunkering-down.

Until my next update, I remain, your "day off" correspondent.

3 thoughts

  1. Your new home is beautiful and looks to be a wonderful fit for you and your family. I did not buy a new house but I did buy the rice cooker you mentioned in your blog and it is a good fit for us. I was very happy with the results of the cooked rice – thanks for the recommendation.

  2. MAJOR CONGRATS to you and DT!!! I don’t know how you managed it – we’re barely going to the grocery store to avoid exposure, but I guess you really can find a lot on line (or at least rule out a lot!). The place looks absolutely smashing! Enjoy it in the best of health!

    Will the Magna Peregrinus have a new parking spot at your place? We’re so sorry your wonderful “voyage of the year” was karate chopped by COVID-19! Is there a chance it will just be postponed by a year?

  3. It really hasn’t been an issue, as the house we bought has been empty for MONTHS. Every time we visit, we still wear masks… but now that we have taken possession and have changed the locks, feel safe to be inside without masks… unless a worker is there of course… or has been there… and we have to mask-up for three days.

    There is no place for the bus at our new digs. We will have to find a storage facility – much like we did when we summered in Portland. Thanks for asking!

Comments are closed.